25 August, 2006

Welcome Message

Actually, I have many blogs but each of them has its own purpose and target audience. Now this blog is about my relationship with my present occupation and career.

I'm a... wait, what am I going to call myself? A computer programmer because I write computer prorams? An encoder because I write program source codes? A software developer because I develop software applications? A web developer because I develop web apps? A system analyst because I analyze systems? A software designer because as a system analyst, I also design software? A computer scientist because my course in college was BS in Computer Science? A computer engineer because I build software solutions? An software architect because my boss call me such? Or maybe a consultant because our HR treat me as such?

I don't know what to call myself but one thing is clear and I admit: I can't consider myself a computer scientist nor an engineer, and that is a sad truth. I know by myself that I have to eat more bread and rice before I can be such; and, my upbringing and educational attainment isn't worthy to give me such title. But one thing is clear: I write source codes day and night. But what am I going to call myself? I'm not a master of any computer related subject. I only know a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I can't even accept to be called a computer programmer although writing source code is my bread and butter. Because what I can only do is to get that library and get that other library and also that other library, put them together, and jaraaan.... I've created a program! Creating programs that involves mathematics, algorithms and high logical puzzles is I think not in the scope of my ability so, maybe I am indeed a programmer.... a dumb programmer (not a real one, am I?).

So maybe I can call myself a.... "computer literate". Yes, a very general term it is but it's the most safe title to give myself, I think.

I'm a computer literate and this blog is all about.... my computer literacy. Sometimes, you will read in this blog an expression of my opinion and even dumb ones and ones without bearing. You should expect that.

No comments: